What is Slab Sawing?Concrete slab sawing—also known as flat sawing—is a quick and efficient diamond method used for cutting horizontal surfaces such as concrete slabs, floors, bridge decks, and pavement. Slab sawing gained popularity in the concrete cutting industry because it is versatile, practical, and cost efficient. Slab saws are typically powered by gasoline, diesel, electric, or hydraulic engines. Compared to jack hammering, slab sawing is faster, quieter, and less stressful to structural areas. The applications for slab sawing are virtually endless, and the procedure can be performed on a variety of structures, both indoors and outdoors.
Common Applications for Slab Sawing:
- Cutting reinforced concrete floors
- Cutting expansion and control joints
- Cutting sidewalks
- Controlled demolition
- Cutting plumbing and electrical trenches in slabs
- Construction of structural foundations
- Road and street repairs
- Residential and commercial improvements
- Broken water pipe and sewer line repair
- Highway patching
Experienced Slab Saw Operators
Each and every slab sawing project presents its own unique set of challenges that we are prepared to take on. Eastern Cutting’s experienced team of slab saw operators have the capabilities to meet your needs, no matter how big or small the project, while staying on time and on budget. We pride ourselves on delivering cost-effective concrete cutting solutions that exceed our clients’ expectations time and again.
Advantages of Slab Sawing:
- Slab sawing is a quick, efficient, and economical concrete cutting solution.
- Slab sawing preserves the integrity of surrounding structures.
- Slab sawing results in precise, efficient, and accurate cuts.
- Slab sawing is the quickest concrete cutting solution for removal projects.
- Eastern Cutting uses the highest-quality slab saws on the market today.