What is Wire Sawing?Wire sawing is a quick, efficient, and economical concrete cutting solution. Wire sawing is the ideal concrete cutting solution for structures that are too large or unwieldy for traditional saw cutting. When it is impractical or impossible to saw through heavily reinforced concrete, hard metals, steel, or even rock—Eastern Cutting relies on this relatively new method to save both time and money. Wire saw systems rely on a series of guided pulleys to draw a continuous loop of diamond impregnated wire through otherwise impenetrable material. This technology creates any desired shape or directional cut with ease. Wire saw systems are flexible—suitable for use in confined spaces and limited access areas—while retaining the ability to cut vertically, horizontally, or on an angle. Wire saws can even be used underwater! No concrete structure is too large to cut with a wire saw. Faster cutting times and low noise output make wire sawing the perfect solution when conventional cutting methods fall short.
Wire Sawing ExperienceBy using state-of-the art wire sawing technology, and advanced concrete cutting techniques, Eastern Concrete’s skilled saw operators easily slice through walls and slabs of any thickness.
Common Applications for Wire Sawing:
- Large slabs of reinforced concrete
- Machine bases
- Bridge sections
- Steel encased concrete
- Underwater cuts
- Cutting depths beyond the scope of conventional tools
Advantages of Wire Sawing
- Wire sawing is an environmentally friendly concrete cutting solution—with minimal noise or air pollution.
- Wire sawing is quick, efficient and economical.
- Wire sawing results in precise, accurate cuts—leaving surfaces smooth and clean.
- Wire saws cut through virtually any material—from reinforced concrete to solid steel.
- Wire saws are flexible and versatile—a superior solution for hard to reach spaces, or even underwater.
- With wire sawing there are no limits to sawing depth.